A time warp back to World War II and jet forward the 1990s, the area known as Baldwin Park was used for military purposes. When the Orlando Army Air Station was established in 1942, it actually included an area much larger than what we now know as the Naval Training Center (NTC) Main Base.
In 2001, the name Baldwin Park was announced to the public by the mayor and construction began that year. Baldwin Park was master planned as a Traditional Neighborhood Development, using the time-tested principles of New Urbanism. Simply stated, these planning principles mix residential, commercial and civic uses in close proximity, creating pedestrian-friendly neighborhoods that make it possible to limit vehicle trips. Baldwin Park has no gates or walls but blends seamlessly into older, surrounding neighborhoods. A connected roadway network with more than 25 entries and exits to the neighborhood disperses traffic. Garages are accessed by alleys in the rear of most homes, creating a better streetscape and safer sidewalks. It’s neighborhood friendly, city smart, and a great way to live.